Harringay online

Harringay, Haringey - So Good they Spelt it Twice!

There's been lots of discussion recently on this site about what people would like to see improved or changed in Harringay. What's not clear is what people's priorities are.

I've gone through all the discussions on this site for the past 6 months and taken out what issues members have identifed. My understanding of what the main issues for people are:

1. Residential Areas

- Traffic – traffic volumes on the Ladder
- House conversion – to flats or houses in multiple occupation and the consequent potential for additional parking problems & the use of multiple occupation houses by groups engaged in crime or causing a public nuisance/disorder
- Parking – concerns about the new CPZ and the removal of free parking bays by the schools
- Harringay Passage – cleanliness, actual & potential crime
- Satellite dishes – a need for planning control?

2. Green Lanes

- Potential for cycle lane
- Reduction of crime on the 29 bus
- Desire to carefully manage the mix of shops of Green Lanes
- Preservation of historical character/features
- Clutter of estate agents' and other signs
- Concern over planning control for shop fronts

This website has set up a two-question survey asking you to rate your priorities from the issues above. It should take about 2 minutes. A number of our local representatives have already expressed an interest in seeing what people think. Let's help them.

Click Here to take the Harringay Residents' Priorities Survey

The survey closes at midnight on 29th February after which time I will publish the results.

Tags for Forum Posts: estate agents signs, hol surveys, residents' priorities survey, survey

Views: 84

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agree? Disagree? Any sense of priorities?
I also am rather puzzled by the content of the survey. Litter is the number one priority for me in residential streets. Slowing down the freight trains on the railway line is another - they have speeded up recently.
I was very frustrated by the way the survey was set up. My number one priorities were not listed in either category and some of the items listed were not priorities at all for me, but it would not let me submit what it thought were "incomplete" answers. For the record, my priorities in the residential areas are street cleaning/litter; in the commercial areas, (1) litter, (2) making the streets safe and convenient for pedestrians, and (3)ensuring that recycling facilities are available for businesses (currently not available, I understand).
Fair comments Jenny & Lucy. I know how frustrating it is to take survey and feel that you can't effectively express your opinions through it.

It's worth repeating how the survey issues were identified - that is by looking at the issues that people have raised on this site. Those issues haven't been raised before. So thanks for raising them now. I hope to run a further survey and will ceratinly include those next time round.

In the meatime I did provide an other box for people to add issues which weren't mentioned. A couple of people have ceratinly used that feature to bring up the issue of litter. Thanks for also highlighting pedestrian saftey, train speed and business recycling facilities. I'm afraid it's a bit late to add them to the core survey this time. But I have ceratinly taken note of these as issues of concern. They will be passed on with the survey results, I promise.
In the survey, the only thing I found a bit confusing was the traffic option in the residential area concerns list, and not in the Green Lanes list. I am worried about the situation on Green Lanes itself and the sheer volume, congestion and pollution aspect, but not sure if ticking the box for Traffic actually just relates to traffic on the Ladder Roads. Completed survey now, so not essential, but just wondering if a distinction has been made in the survey.
Sorry you found it confusing Hannah. See my comment above for how the issues used were identified. Traffic on Green Lanes wasn't put down, because it's only come up on the site in the context of a cycling lane and re Sainsbury's. I didn't include the Sainsbury's issue because it should be (!) short-term. There was a space to write any issues not covered in the other box. Did you write it there?

RSS

Advertising

© 2024   Created by Hugh.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service